Coronavirus JournalPosted: March 23, 2020 | Author: Barbara G. Matthews | Filed under: Impact on Family Relationships, Miscellaneous, Topics of Current Interest | Tags: Broadway Corona Virus Medley, corona virus, family social distancing, future for grandchildren, home schooling during corona virus, Matt Gallardo, Messiah Lifeways, missing parents, social distancing, sports cancelled, toilet paper | Leave a comment
- Thursday March 12, 2020: Friday the 13th meeting with Matthew Gallardo, Messiah Lifeways Director of Community Engagement & Coaching cancelled due to impact of Coronavirus on senior community visitation standards.
- Friday the 13th: Went to Giant, Weiss Market, COSTCO, and Karns, and finally found toilet paper. It was early and not yet chaotic. Able to purchase enough items to get by without shopping for a couple more weeks, if necessary. Headed back home. All of grandchildren’s sporting events (our main weekend activity) cancelled.
- Monday, March 16th: School cancelled. Daughter lives less than two blocks away–spent some time each day of the week helping her homeschool her four children. Felt useful. My husband, still working, asks me to get out for a walk each evening when he gets home. Nice.
- Saturday, March 21st: No weekend sporting events to attend. Kids and grandkids hunkered down. Visiting longer-distanced families via Facetime. Touching base with siblings via Facetime, too. Visit with neighbors outdoors and at-a-distance. Nice.
- Sunday, March 22nd: Finished updating Parental Information folder–to be prepared, just in case.
- Monday, March 23rd: Daughter called. “Don’t you think we need to start practicing social distancing?” Worried about us seniors getting the virus. Don’t have immune system disorders or lung disease, but would not want her to feel responsible for our deaths if we were to succumb to the virus. Feeling weepy. What kind of future will our grandchildren have? Blogging to beat it back. Would love to hear from you out there. Anyone? Anyone?
Need to put a smile on your face? Watch the video below:
For more about missing parents and family separation due to the coronavirus, visit: https://asourparentsage.net/2020/03/22/caregiving-in-the-time-of-covid-19-9-missing-my-parents/